Bethesda Baptist Church Ipswich Privacy Notice
How Bethesda Baptist Church Ipswich (“we”) use your information
Your privacy is important to us. We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of your information.
Why do we collect and use your information?
We collect and use your information to contact you to send you our family news and other communications regarding our activities, to provide appropriate pastoral care, to monitor and assess the quality of our services, to fulfil our purposes as a church and to comply with the law regarding data sharing. We do not share your information with others except as described in this notice.
We do like to send you information about our events and activities by post, telephone, email and SMS. If you agree to being contacted in this way we will ask you to confirm how you would like to be contacted as shown below.
The categories of information that we may collect, hold and share include:
- Personal information (such as name, telephone number, address and email address)
- Characteristics (such as gender, ethnicity, language, nationality, country of birth)
Storing your data
We hold your data for varying lengths of time depending on the type of information in question but in doing so we always comply with Data Protection legislation. We will contact you annually to check that the information we are holding is accurate and that you agree to us holding it.
Who do we share your information with?
We will not share your information with third parties without your consent unless the law requires us to do so.
Requesting access to your personal data
Under Data Protection legislation, you have the right to request access to information about you that we hold. To make a request for your personal information contact the church office on firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on 01473 255035
You also have the right to:
- object to processing of personal data that is likely to cause, or is causing, damage or distress
- prevent processing for the purpose of direct marketing
- object to decisions being taken by automated means
- in certain circumstances, have inaccurate personal data rectified, blocked, erased or destroyed; and
- claim compensation for damages caused by a breach of the Data Protection regulations.
For further information on how your information is used, how we maintain the security of your information and your rights to access information we hold on you please contact email@example.com.
If you have a concern about the way we are collecting or using your personal data, you should raise your concern with us in the first instance or directly to the Information Commissioner’s Office at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
If you would like to discuss anything in this privacy notice, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org